KAYAK - Wilderness Trip
- Продолжительность: 4 час. (прибл.)
- Код предложения: PHRUPX
On this trip we will take you through the wilderness. You will sense the feeling of isolation and freedom.
Starting from our base in Acacia Bay, we will drive for 1/2 an hour to Hinemaiai stream. To begin our paddle on the Hinemaiai dam, an early hydro lake which gave Taupo its first electricity back in 1953.
It is a gentle paddle across calm water/ stream through native bush covered hills, pumice cliffs.
We pass tops of old trees and manuka bushes poking up from the bottom of the lake. You will see the odd brown and rainbow trout racing away from your kayak, or the Danada Geeese (aquatic bird). We will pass an old swing bridge- reainants of our old tramping bridge, up to a narrow gorge with a waterfall, tumbling over moss covered rocks.
At end of paddle, we will load
kayaking equipment back onto trailer. Have
a short break for some refreshments before we head back to base.
Perfect for families looking for a gentle kayak adventure.
No experience is necessary, as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given. We have the option of single or double kayaks which are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Allow 4 hours. (1 to 2 hours on water)
- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Gourmet refreshments
- Transport: On request only (if you do not have your own transport) – Pick up from/to Taupo CBD. Please call or email to arrange minimum at least 24 hours before tour commencement.
- 9am. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commence time.
- Also available at other times, contact us to make a booking.
Base / Meeting point:unit 2, 876 Acacia bay road, Acacia bay, Taupo
- Please view our website under GEAR LIST for what to wear and bring, no jeans please. https://www.tka.co.nz/gear-list/
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.