KAYAK - Full Day Maori Carvings and Mason's Rock Kayak Tour
- Varighet: 6 Timer (ca.)
- Produktkode: PO7O9T
If you're looking for a longer day experience on the water, this is the trip for you.
We'll begin our adventure in the sheltered waters of Acacia Bay. We paddle below native bush, pass steep cliffs and inlets that can only harbour a kayak, then prepare to be wowed by the Maori Rock Carvings towering 100-metres high at Mine Bay.
Then it's on to Masons Rock – an impressive volcanic fan of rock emerging from the lake. Your experienced guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas while you float beneath them.
During our trip we will stop for refreshments and a relaxing gourmet lunch, taking in the magnificent mountain views, with an opportunity to swim in the clear waters of our beautiful lake. On our return, if the breeze comes up, we can raft our kayaks together and sail back – fantastic!
There are a number of different options available for this trip, contact us and we are more than happy to tailor the trip to your requirements.
No experience is necessary, as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given. Our double kayaks are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in our kayaks.
Allow approximately 6 hours (4 - 5 hours on the water).
- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Refreshments and a gourmet lunch
- Transport: On request only (if you do not have your own transport) - Pick up from /to Taupo CBD. Please call or email to arrange minimum 24 hours before tour commencement.
- 9.00 am
Base - Meeting Point / Starting Location:
unit 2, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupo
- ·Please view our website under GEAR LIST for what to wear and bring, no jeans please.
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.