KAYAK - Half Day – Maori Rock Carvings
- Duración: 4 Horas (aproximadamente)
- Código de producto: PPH2JT
Beginning in the sheltered waters of Acacia Bay, come out with us and explore the secluded Rock Carvings at Mine Bay. Paddle below native bush, past steep cliffs and mini inlets that can only harbour a kayak before the amazing 14 metre-high carvings come into view. Your experienced guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas while you float beneath them.
On our return we stop for gourmet refreshments, where you can take the opportunity to swim in the clear waters of our beautiful lake. If the breeze comes up, we can raft our kayaks together and sail back – bliss!
No experience is necessary, as all our trips are guided and full instruction is given. Our double kayaks are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult in our kayaks.
This is truly a unique trip and one you will remember for ever.
Allow approx 4 hours per trip (3 hours on the water)
- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Gourmet refreshments
- Transport: On request only (if you do not have your own transport) - Pick up from/to Taupo CBD. Please call or email to arrange at least 24 hours before tour starting time.
Times (can be flexible with times for group bookings):
- Summer: 8.30am and 1.30pm
- Winter: 10am and 1.30pm
- Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commence time.
Base - Meeting Point / Starting Location:unit 2, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupo
- Please view our website under GEAR LIST for what to wear and bring, no jeans please. https://www.tka.co.nz/gear-list/
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.