MTB & KAYAK - Explorer Package (Kayaking & Mountain Biking Combo)
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PO2T8L
We start our day in Whakaipo Bay just west of Taupo, where we bike the Grade 1-3 track over the headland towards Kinloch Bay. There is an alternative option along the headland loop, offering coastal riding and spectacular views, or a shorter route over the hill leads to a lookout for a well earned rest and endless views toward the southern end of the lake.
The relaxed descent into Kinloch Bay travels through bush-clad tracks with fantastic unspoiled views of the glistening lake below.
After a lunch stop in Kinloch Bay, we set off on our kayaking journey around the headland towards Whakaipo Bay. We will pass sheer tree-lined cliff faces that drop into the lake, and spectacular volcanic rocks that emerge from the clear blue waters of the magnificent Lake Taupo.
We will enjoy a gourmet afternoon tea at Whakaipo Bay, before returning to Taupo by road.
There are a number of different options available for this trip, contact us and we are more than happy to tailor the trip to your requirements.
- Full instruction
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Gourmet packed lunch, morning and afternoon tea
- Transport: On request only (if you do not have your own transport) – Pick up from/to Taupo CBD. Please call or email to arrange minimum at least 24 hours before tour commencement.
- 9.00am, allow 6-8 hours
Minimum 2 people needed to run trip
Board a boat (11 metre Catermaran), and enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbly or beer while returning to Taupo via the world famous Māori Rock Carvings, or return by float plane, for the more adventurous.
Price on Application.
Base - Meeting Point / Starting Address:unit 2, 876 Acacia bay Road, Acacia bay, Taupo
- Please view our website under GEAR LIST for what to wear and bring, no jeans please. https://www.tka.co.nz/gear-list/
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.